Āhea Lā Kuʻu Halawai How Long ʻtil I See your Face? (2005) from New Sacred Music for Hawaiian Language Chorus, Vol. 1 Part One "A Yearning For God" by Robert M. Mondoy ←click this for sheet music
Hui: Pehea lā e lōʻihi ai na lā o kuʻu noho pio?
Ma ke kahakai malihini, Uē pō au, uē ao.
1. Āhea lā kuʻu hālāwai me ke Akua ma ka lani,
I aloha kuʻu puʻuwai a piha kuʻu ʻoliʻoli? HUI
2. Ma kuʻu manaʻoʻiʻo ʻana ʻoluʻolu no ka naʻau
Akā i maha loa ka ʻeha, aia ʻike maka au. HUI
3. Ma ia ʻāina pilikia kuʻu kuleana ka uē,
Kuʻu berena ka waimaka ake au e hele aʻe. HUI
4. ʻIʻini au iā Iesū; Āhea hemo kuʻu haʻo!
Āhea aloha oki pau me ia ma ka Paradiso?
5. Makemake au e hoʻāno i ka Pakoa Hemolele;
ʻAha ʻaina me ke Āniʻo, a hauʻoli oki ʻole.
6. Aloha i ka ʻEkalesia, Ka anaina hanohano.
Ka poʻe mea hōʻailona, lōkahi a alohaia.
7. Aloha iā Sione mau, hale o ke Aliʻi Mana;
Ia Jerusalema hou, kūlanakauhale laʻa.
8. Kau nui nō kuʻu manaʻo I ke ao mālamalama,
ʻAʻole loa ʻikea ka pō ʻO ke Akua ka lā loa.
How long will my captivity endure?
On a foreign shore do I weep night and day.
1. When will I meet with the God of heaven, To fill my soul with love and complete my joy?
2. My faith is my soul's very solace, but a complete relief of my suffering will be when I see with my own eyes.
3. There in the troubled land my fate is to weep, my tears are my food, I yearn to depart.
4. I long for Jesus, when will my longing end?
When will I share his love in Paradise?
5. I wish to revere the Sacred Resurrection; To feast with the Most High, boundless joy.
6. Love for the Church, the great assembly, The elect (the people signed by God), united and beloved.
7. Beloved is eternal Zion, the house of the Great King, and new Jerusalem, the Holy City.
8. My hopes are set on the world of light, Where night is never seen for God is unending day.
Orthography & translation by Puakea Nogelmeier & Rob Mondoy
Soundclips: Listen in "ALL" || Midi, Mp3 & Choir parts as available (contact me if needed)
©2005 Mondoy Music. Text: Sacred Hearts
Congregation, in Lira Katolika, 1886. Singable English by Robert M.
Mondoy (b.1952). Tune: Āhea Lā?
Robert M. Mondoy, 2005. Hawaiian orthography and translation
by Puakea Nogelmeier. All rights
reserved. Used with permission.
If authorized*, you have permission to save this midi file to your desktop for your personal use. You may print this page anytime.
Any reproduction (photocopying or download-printing) of the sheet music is ILLEGAL unless you pay a royalty fee of $1.00.
Read "Reprint Policy (see Mondoy Music Web Main Index at the left or contact me below. :-) Mahalo!
Any reproduction (photocopying or download-printing) of this songʻs sheet music or song text requires you to read and follow follow the Reprint Policy of the publisher or copyright owner. Do contact them, and support them by purchasing their materials to help provide quality music for our churches.
Sheet Music Service / Authorized use
only for those who have already purchased the featured
publication from Mondoy Music Mahalo!
Permission to use: Contact mondoymusic AT gmail DOT com || main website: www.mondoymusic.com Go to Mondoy Music Web Main Index (at the left) for more options