(#) E Ka Pu'uwai O Loving Heart
Robert M. Mondoy
Text: Sacred Hearts Congregation, in Lira Katolika, 1886.
< click "Listen" for MIDI or use PLUG-IN >
|1. Ma ka pu’u o Kalawari Hou’ia i
ka ihe Ka pu’uwai ‘ihi’ihi, Kumu o ka hemolele, Mai waena mai ona Ke koena o
ke koko, Ka wai pü, kahe iho No ka nui o
2. Heaha ia Pu’uwai I piha i ke aloha? Ka waihona waiwai. Waihona garatia; Ka punawai o ke ola E hanini mau ana, Maluna o nä kanaka, I nä hua o ke aloha.
3. Heaha ke ano maoli O ka Pu’uwai La’a? Mau loa ka huikahi O ke Akua me ia: Kö Iesü kumu aloha Me he ahi lä ka wela, He ake kona e ola Nä kanaka a pau loa.
4. Ma ke ahi ke kü ana’e O na Pu’uwai lä, No Iesü nö i ho’ike I kana mea aloha; Ä ho’ohalahala ‘ia Nö ka ma’alili loa, Pa’akiki nä kanaka Aloha ‘ole iä Iesü.
5. E kö ka honua a pau. Ähea lä e aloha I ka mea i’ini mau I ka po’e lawehala? E kuikahi nä na’au I loko o ke aloha I ka Pu’uwai loa, No käkou e lia mau.
6. E ka Pu’uwai aloha, Hö mai i garatia, Ka hua o ko mau’ eha No mäkou, po’e hewa, I mihi ä aloha mau Kö mäkou pu’uwai, I hiki ke halawai Ma kö hale mau loa.
|1. On Calvary's hill Pierced by
the spear Is the Sacred Heart The source of holiness From his side
A bit of blood Together with water poured forth Because of such great love.
2. What is this heart full of love? It is a vessel rich, A vessel of grace; The fountain (spring) of life abundantly overflowing over mankind A yield of love.
3. What is the true reverence for the Holy Heart? An everlasting gathering-place of God within:
Of Jesus the source of love With that burning flame His desire to live With humankind for all time.
4.There in that fire is my heavenly inheritance In that Heart, Go seek Jesus indeed for his love; At the time when reproached Indeed it has cooled off, Obstinate is mankind Bereft of love toward Jesus.
5. When all the world has come to pass When will love be bestowed on such incessant yearnings
upon a sinful people? Pierce my being within because of the love of the Great Heart, Greatly ardent for us
6. O heart of love Grant (unto us) grace The fruit of your great suffering for us, we sinful people, May our own hearts repent and adore So we may arrive meeting In your eternal home
Confirmation / editing of above translation pending
Use above midi-link or plug-in; choir parts below not yet made.
© 2005 Mondoy Music All rights
reserved. Used with permission.
If authorized*, you have permission to save this midi file to your desktop for your personal use. You may print this page anytime.
You can obtain the [notated] sheet music here: [Get Sheet Music] Recommended (but not required) donation of $1.00
Read "Reprint Policy (see Mondoy Music Web Main Index at the left or contact me below. :-) Mahalo!
Any reproduction (photocopying or download-printing) of this song's sheet music or song text requires you to read and follow follow the Reprint Policy of the publisher or copyright owner. Do contact them, and support them by purchasing their materials to help provide quality music for our churches.
Sheet Music Service / Authorized
use only for those who have already purchased the featured
publication from Mondoy Music Mahalo!
Permission to use: Contact mondoymusic AT att DOT net || main website: www.mondoymusic.com Go to Mondoy Music Web Main Index (at the left) for more options