15. People, Look East
Text: Eleanor Farjeon (1881-1965) / Tune:
BESANCON CAROL, French
publishers below for sheet music
soundclip for descant: click on Soprano: mp3
1. People, look East, the time is near of the crowning of the year. Make your house fair as you are able. Trim the hearth and set the table. Love, the Guest, is on the way.
2. Furrows, be glad, though earth is bare. One more seed is planted there; give up your strength the seed to nourish That in course the flow’r may flourish. People look East and sing today; Love, the Rose, is on the way.
3. Stars, keep the watch when night is dim. One more light the bowl shall brim. Shining beyond the frosty weather, bright as sun and moon together. Love, the Star, is on the way.
4. Angels, announce on this great feast, him who cometh from the East. Set ev’ry peak and valley humming with the word, the Lord is coming. Love, the Lord, is on the way.
Soundclips for educational purposes only: Listen in "ALL" || Midi, Mp3 & Choir parts as available (contact me if needed)
Text & Music: © G.I.A. Publications All rights
reserved. Used with permission.
ORDER FROM GIA Publications, Inc. 7404 South Mason Avenue Chicago, IL 60638
(800) GIA-1358(442-1358) (708) 496-3800 Fax: (708) 496-3828
WebSite www.giamusic.com Permission to use: Contact the publisher above
Any reproduction (photocopying or download-printing) of this song's sheet music or song text requires you to read and follow follow the Reprint Policy of the publisher or copyright owner. Do contact them, and support them by purchasing their materials to help provide quality music for our churches.