137. Christ the Lord Is Risen Today
Hala O Naue]
1. Christ the Lord is ris’n today, ʻeā, ʻeā, All
God’s people stand and say, “Alleluia!” Raise your joys and triumphs
high, ʻeā, ʻeā, Sing, you heav’ns, and earth reply, “Alleluia!”
2. Love’s redeeming work is done, ʻeā, ʻeā, Fought the fight, the battle won. Alleluia! Death in vain forbids him rise; ʻeā, ʻeā, Christ has opened paradise. Alleluia!
3. Lives again our glorious King, ʻeā, ʻeā, Where, O death, is now your sting? Alleluia! Once he died our souls to save, ʻeā, ʻeā, Where your victory, O Grave? Alleluia!
4. Soar we now where Chirst has led, ʻeā, ʻeā, Fol’wing our exalted Head, Alleluia! Made like him, like him we rise, ʻeā, ʻeā, Ours the cross, the grave, the skies, Alleluia!
Soundclips as available: Listen below |(contact me if needed)
Click right-most box for best sheet music
You must read conditions for use. Thanks.
Text: Charles Wesley (1707-1788) in his
Sacred Poems, 1739, alt.. Tune:
by J. Kahinu, ca. 1879. Melody after current
use. This arrangement Robert M. Mondoy, ©1997. All rights reserved. Used
If authorized*, you have permission to save this midi/mp3 file to your desktop for your personal use. You may print this page anytime.
Any reproduction (photocopying or download-printing) of the sheet music is ILLEGAL unless you pay a royalty fee of $1.00.
Read "Reprint Policy (see Mondoy Music Web Main Index at the left or contact me (see right) :-) Mahalo!
|Authorized use only for those who have already purchased the featured publication from Mondoy Music. Permission to use: Contact mondoymusic AT gmail DOT com || main website: www.mondoymusic.com Go to Mondoy Music Web Main Index (at the left) for more options|